- 100% protection from transmitted UV Rays
- Extra protection from reflected UV Rays
- All the benefits of Sharp View coating
- Ultimate clarity of vision
EYES & UV EXPOSURE
UV Protection is needed 365 days a year.
UV rays that reach the eyes can cause serious damage
Eyeglass wearers need protection from both transmitted and reflected UV rays.
Up to 50% of UV rays are reflected off the back side of the lenses into wearers eyes
Damaging UV rays can reach the eyes either by transmission through the front of the lens, or reflection from the backside Back of the lens. While all high index, Transitions® and Polarised lenses provide protection against transmitted UV rays, they don’t protect eyes from reflected UV rays. Combined with High Index material, Transitions®, tinted or Xperio™ Polarised lenses, Sharp View® UV provides ultimate protection from transmitted and reflected UV rays.
UV DAMAGING EFFECTS
Chronic exposure to the Ultraviolet Radiation (UV Rays) has been implicated in a number of serious ocular diseases including ptergyium, cataract and climatic droplet keratopathy.
- 5 million people go blind from cataract every year. (1)
- The eyes are the only internal tissue of the body directly exposed to UV light.
- UV light has an increasing impact over time causing skin aging (wrinkles) and visual diseases.
- 90% of skin cancers occurs on face and neck, with 5-10% occurring on the eyelids. (2)
Unique UV Protector filter with multicoat layers
Eye Sun Protective Factor (E-SPF 25)
E-SPF® is an index rating the overall UV protection of a lens. E-SPF® was developed by Essilor International and endorsed by third party experts.
The E-SPF® index relates to lens performance only and excludes direct eye exposure that depends on external factors (wearer’s morphology, frame shape, position of wear). E-SPF® 25 index for all Crizal® Prevencia®.