Last modified: 2 July 2019
WHAT Personal Data we collect
The provision of your personal data is a requirement necessary to fill in questionnaires and enquiries, access the services described in our Website or for the processing of orders (“Services”)
We will collect your personal data if you voluntarily submit the information to us. If you choose not to submit your personal data to us or subsequently withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services. You may access, update your personal data submitted to us or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
We thank you for providing us with complete and accurate data, and please do inform us if your data needs to be updated. If you do not provide us with complete and accurate data, or if you do not inform us that your data needs to be updated, we may not be able to provide you with the Services.
We may collect the following categories of your personal data:
- First name and last name
- Age – Date of birth
- Country of residence or nationality
- Payment information
- Contact information (e.g. address, email, contact number, address)
- Social media account ID
- Vision correction (especially when processing orders from eye care professionals)
- Products you use
- Personal interests and preferences
Please be informed that we may obtain your personal data from third parties (including without limitation eye care professionals) who have been duly authorised to disclose your personal data to us.
Data we collect when you visit our website
When you access our Website, we automatically collect and store some of your data in our server logs and in cookies, which are small files we send to your computer when you visit our website.
This data does not allow us to identify you directly. However, we do record data related to your browsing on our website, such as the pages that you accessed, the date and time you accessed these pages, your search queries, information on your device (hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifier, Internet protocol address, hardware settings, browser type and browser language), the date and time of your request and referral URL.
The provision of your personal data is not required if you only want to visit our Website. This means that you may refuse to accept cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly (for more information, refer to the ‘help’ section of your web browser). However, refusing cookies is likely to disrupt your navigation on our website, in particular by preventing you from accessing certain parts of it.
How we use personal data we collect
We only use your personal data within the limits authorized by the laws and regulations. Sometimes, we use your personal data because the laws and regulations require us to do so. In any case, we do not make any automated decisions solely on automatic processing which may produce legal consequences concerning you, or which may significantly affect you.
We use your personal data for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- For web analytics and to improve our Website
- For contests, newsletters and other subscriptions, online applications
- For managing enquiries, whether or not they pertain to the supply of products by us
- For contact purposes and in contact forms
- For the use of our digital services (e.g. online platform, authentication, subscribing to/unsubscribing from newsletters, for the use of applications, and for letting you know about products that may be of interest to you)
- For processing, administering and/or managing your relationship with us (when we manufacture our products, the eye care professionals may need to provide us with your personal data); and
- For statistical analysis purposes, after anonymization of the data.
How long we keep personal data we collect
The retention periods for your personal data depend on the purpose for which we collect this data is processed for. Even if we are not able to outline the various retention periods in a reasonably intelligible format under this notice, we want you to know that we will retain your personal data only for as long as (i) necessary for the respective purpose, (ii) necessary to carry out each of the Purposes, (iii) you have consented to, and/or (iv) required by applicable laws.
personal data we share
Please be informed that we may share your personal data for the above Purposes with:
- Others companies of the Essilor Group; and
- Companies, organizations, public authorities or individuals outside of the Essilor Group (such as hosting providers, IT providers, market and analyst service providers, credit agencies in order to run a credit check on orders, database management and maintenance services).
We may disclose your personal data overseas. Where personal data is to be transferred outside of the country, we comply with the applicable data protection laws relating to overseas transfer.
How We Protect Personal Data
We have measures in place to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, including without limitation:
- We implement and maintain sophisticated technical measures to ensure that your personal data is recorded and processed in complete confidentiality and security.
- We implement and maintain appropriate restrictions on access to your personal data, and monitoring of the access, use, and transfer of personal data.
- All of our employees who have access to your personal data are required to enter into non-disclosure or similar agreements, which imposes obligations on them to comply with our data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- We require any business partners and third party service providers with whom we may share your personal data to comply with any applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- We provide data privacy training on a regular basis to our employees and third parties who have access to personal data.
Though Essilor will take reasonable measures to protect the personal data, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE
Under applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have a right:
- Of access to and rectification of of your personal data;
- To tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing information; and
- To make a complaint about the way we handle your personal information.
- To the extent our processing of your personal data is based upon your consent, to withdraw your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
We are committed to enable you exercising your rights: to do so, you can contact us. Please provide us with the following information, so that we can take your request with all due consideration:
- Your name and surname;
- Your specific request (description of the rights you wish to exercise); and
- The date of the application and your signature (if you sent your application by postal mail).
If you have any question regarding our use of your personal data, you can of course contact us as set out below:
Our contact details are:
OSA Optical Supply of Australia
Unit 17/25-33 Alfred Road,
Chipping Norton, NSW, 2170
+61 02 9914 3777
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you are entitled to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by contacting:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
1300 363 992 or via email at email@example.com.